Casino facts that are stranger than fiction!Trebol
Anything can happen in the gambling world. Including the below unbelievable stories, which will leave your jaw dropping to the floor!:
- The Monte Carlo Casino, one of the most famous and luxurious landbased Casinos around the world, is banned for residents of Monaco, where it’s located. Talk about irony.
- In 1951, the United States Department of Energy began testing hundreds of nukes just some 60 miles away of Las Vegas, causing detonations to be visible from that location. These detonations obscured the day and left mushroom clouds in the sky, which would actually cause terror everywhere… but not Las Vegas.
The city, instead, turned the horror show into an entertainment show, offering ‘Atomic Bomb Parties’ and ‘atomic cocktails’ and the likes at casino bars. A ‘Miss Atomic Energy’ pageant even took place. Haha…?
- MIT Students are said to have run a Blackjack team from the late 70’s all the way up the the early 2,000’s and won millions through legal mathematical counting techniques.
- Roulette is called the Devil’s game because, when adding up all the numbers in the wheel from 1 to 36, you get 666.
- Rumour has it John Montagu, Earl of Sandwich, who “invented” the sandwich, did so because he was such an avid gambler he didn’t want to leave the gambling table to go prepare a meal, so he would just ask somebody to bring him a piece of meat between two slices of bread during his gametime.
- Richard Nixon was a true gambler. He even funded his first campaign for the House of Representatives in the United States with money he had won while playing poker during his time in the navy.
Do you know any other unbelievable and crazy casino stories? There’s a few out there to laugh (or scare) about. Now, time for some fun!
The Fantasino Team